Practice Areas
  Purchase & Sale Transaction Issues
  For Sale By Owner Assistance
  Leasing Issues
  Landlord-Tenant Issues
  Eviction Service
  Real Estate Agent & Broker Issues
  Mortgage Broker & Lender Issues
  Escrow/Title Company Issues
  Ownership & Title Issues
  Property Use & Development Issues
  Design & Construction Issues
  Environmental Issues
  Homeowners' Association Issues

(408) 354-1414
  (408) 354-1414


While most Silicon Valley law firms and their attorneys providing legal services in real estate law also practice in many other areas such as family law, probate, personal injury, etc., Mike Hogan does not, he has only one focus ---- California real estate law. This keen focus allows San Jose real estate attorney Mike Hogan to devote his efforts solely to the complexities of California real estate law, and how best to provide legal advisory, alternative dispute resolution (mediation/arbitration), and litigation services to his clientele. Itís Mikeís specialized real estate law expertise (Attorney Profile) and strong commitment to each clientís real estate problems which sets him apart from other attorneys.

Property Use and Development Applications & Approvals
In California, land is highly valued and its use tightly controlled. Zoning laws, environmental issues, profitable property development, and many other concerns can delay or even prohibit planned development of a project to the point where it is no longer profitable. Getting the requisite approvals as quickly as possible is critical to the success of a real estate project. San Jose real estate attorney Mike Hogan can represent you through this complex and often difficult process. Areas of practice include:

      See also: Design & Construction Issues

Environmental Applications/Approvals (CEQA)
Administrative Proceeding & Hearing Appearances
Zoning Applications/Approvals
Rezoning Applications/Approvals
Planned Use Development (PUD) Applications/Approvals
Use Permit Applications/Approvals
Condominium Conversion Applications/Approvals
Occupancy Permit Applications/Approvals
General Plan Amendment Applications/Approvals
Subdivision Map Act Application/Approvals
Other Related Applications/Approvals

When Disputes  Arise: 
Represents You in Alternative Dispute Resolution or Litigation

The first thing you need to know when confronting a legal dispute is where you stand in relation to the other parties. San Jose real estate lawyer Mike Hogan will give you an honest and realistic evaluation of your rights and responsibilities as well as the associated risks so that you fully understand the legal ramifications of your particular situation, including your chances of success.

Although litigation is always an option, it should be one of last resort as it is often the most expensive path to resolution. Instead, with your consent, Mike first seeks out a negotiated settlement to your dispute through negotiation and, if necessary, use of alternative dispute resolution techniques such as mediation or arbitration which often provide quicker and more cost effective dispute resolution when compared to litigation.

In the event that negotiation and alternative dispute resolution fail, leaving litigation as the only means to resolution, it is critical that it be done with the services of an aggressive attorney, one who will relentlessly represent your interests. San Jose real estate lawyer Mike Hogan will provide you with such representation.

Typical Areas  of Dispute involving Property Use & Development
San Jose real estate attorney Mike Hogan can represent you in all areas of real estate law including issues and disputes centered around property use and development. Areas of practice include:

      See also: Design & Construction Issues

• Subdivision Map
• California Environmental Quality
   Act Issues/Violations    Act Violations (CEQA)
• Regulatory & Policy

• General Plan Violations

  Interpretations • Easement & Right of Way Issues
• Compliance Analysis

• See also Environmental Issues

• Encroachment Issues • Property Development Right Issues
• Zoning Law Issues/Violations • Boundary Issues
• Rezoning Issues

• Trespass Issues

• Allowable Use Issues/Violations

• Neighbor Issues

• Land Use Regulations/Violations • Nuisance Issues
• Use Permit Issues/Violations • Water Right Issues
• Occupancy Issues/Violations

• Other Related Issues

(408) 354-1414